Do you feel like you’re stuck in a date night rut? My husband and I seem to always frequent the same places when we get a chance to go out, so I thought I’d look for some new fun things to do around Omaha. Why waste a valuable date night on the same old thing? Enjoy our date night guide; it’s everything you need to plan a great time—except the babysitter!
If you love movies, we’ve got a few suggestions!
- Enjoy dinner and a show at either of the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema locations in the
- Catch the latest releases at any of the Marcus Theatres locations around town. The
best part? They have free popcorn on Tuesdays!
- If you’re looking for a more intimate movie-going experience, check out Film Streams
Ruth Sokolof Theater or Dundee Theater.
Omaha is packed full of fantastic local restaurants. If you’re looking to skip the chains, try one of these local treasures:
- Grab a table at Railcar Modern American Kitchen and get the brussel sprouts. You can
thank us later.
- Try some delicious pizza at Pitch Pizzeria, but be sure to make a reservation first!
- If you’re looking for great drinks and eats in a beautiful atmosphere, check out Stirnella
Bar & Kitchen.
- To get your Asian small plate fix, check out Butterfish in the Blackstone District. Again,
try the brussel sprouts!
- Stop by some of the best local ice cream shops and get a delicious treat!
Date Night In
If you’re looking to spend some quality time together but can’t find a sitter, we have some date night at-home suggestions for you:
- Tuck the kids into bed and make a fancy dinner for two.
- Have an 80s/90s movie marathon while snacking on childhood favorites (bring on the pizza rolls!)
- Grab takeout from your favorite restaurant and binge-watch the latest Netflix series!
- Play video games
- Play that board game that’s been sitting in the back of your closet since Christmas.
- Or grab some Take Out from one of your favorite restaurants. Check out our OM GUIDE here!
If you’re the double-dating type, we have a few suggestions for you:
- Find one of Omaha’s local speakeasies and enjoy a few drinks on the sneak.
–The Wicked Rabbit
–Howard & Fine
- Check out The Mark Omaha for bowling, drinks, and arcade games.
- Catch an Uber and take a tour of the many great breweries and wineries around town.
- Test your friends’ humor and play a game of Cards Against Humanity or New Phone, Who Dis?
If you’re looking for a date night that will get your guy excited to go out, here are some suggestions:
- Get out those clubs and check out Omaha’s brand new Top Golf location or any of the golf courses throughout the Omaha area.
- Put on your best flannel and throw some axes at Axe Games, Craft Axe, or Flying Timber Axe Throwing.
- Have a Virtual Reality showdown at Infinite Loop VR.
- Get the best of both worlds at Beercade or Beercade 2!