Reading is easily my favorite hobby, but sometimes it’s so hard to find time to sit down and read. Last year, I started participating in reading challenges as a means to motivate myself to learn more. I love a good reading challenge.
In honor of Valentine’s Day, I have put together a reading challenge for OMB moms that’s all about love! There are five genres of books, and my goal is to read one book from each one. Hopefully, this will help me read more and branch out on the types of books that I am reading!
Without further ado, I present:
A Book About a Mother’s Love:
- Missing Mom by Joyce Carol Oates
- Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett
- Where’d You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple
A Modern Love Story:
- The Light We Lost by Jill Santopolo
- There’s Cake in my Future by Kim Gruenenfelder
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
A Classic Love Story:
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott-Fitzgerald
A Thriller with a Romantic Side:
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
A Book About Female Friendship:
- The Alice Network by Kate Quinn
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee
- I’m Not Dying With You Tonight by Kimberly Jones
Obviously, this isn’t an extensive list, and it is by no means meant to be the be all end all of this reading challenge. I just wanted to provide some books that I have read or that I have on my “want to read” list. Pick one of these books or find a book that inspires you!